Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Making mini technique canvases

I wanted to try out some new painting techniques , so I tried them on 4x6 inch canvas boards.  I wrote the techniques I used on the back. It was quick and easy painting on such small canvases.
Now I have have a record of what worked and what didn't. Much less intimidating than a large canvas!

                                        Texture added with joint compound through stencils.
                                          Used a butterfly mask and tinted gesso.
                                       Paint, stencils, stamps, then used white paint to outline leaves.
                                       A fun afternoon in my studio,
                                                          Vicki

2 comments:

  1. Your canvases are beautiful Vicki! I love your blog - so glad I found it!

    ReplyDelete