Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Go big or go home!

I decided I wanted to try painting large. So I purchased several 4 foot by 4 foot canvases.
It was so much fun painting free and loose.
I painted intuitively like I learned in lovely Tracy Verdugo's class at Art is You in Petaluma last September.  She is every bit as sweet in person as she is online, and I loved her class.
I did many layers, using Dylusions blue spray, acrylic paints, inks, a few stencils, and leaves for masks.
Alan helped me move it around the house, as it wouldn't fit where I originally planned it to go:)
Thank goodness I checked before I finished it the way I originally thought.
I was going to use white in the negative space, but love it the way it turned out.
Here is it over my sideboard in the dining room.







                                         
                                              Click on photo to see larger.

                                          Close-up  of one of the forest leaves with a painted one above.
                                          I call it my Fantasy Forest.
                                          Enjoy your summer,



                                            


1 comment:

  1. Your painting is beautiful Vicki! I love the depth of all those layers!

    ReplyDelete