Sunday, March 30, 2014

The Documented Life Project and Happy Happy Mail!

I've been busy creating happy mail and I love it!  It's become my latest artistic obsession.
Sending happy mail makes me so happy to know that I am putting a smile on someone's face across the miles. And what a wonderful surprise to receive colorful happy mail in my mailbox, instead of bills:).

In happy mail, you decorate or make your own envelope.
I will post more about how I make my own envelopes, on my new blog dedicated to happy mail:
You've got Happy Mail: http://youvegothappymail.blogspot.com
Then you fill the envelopes with ephemera, handmade papers, stickers, text paper, book pages, minature paintings, twine, or whatever you think someone would be happy to receive.

I joined the Documented Life Project, a fantastic free year long journal project run by five fabulous ladies, Art to the 5th. At the moment there are over 6,000 members!
I have met lovely ladies from around the world that I have chatted with and exchanged happy mail.
Here are some pictures of happy mail I've sent.
More to follow on:  http://youvegothappymail.blogspot.com


Gelli printed envelopes





No comments:

Post a Comment